Since Mister Jack grew up in the woods, he volunteered to show me how to make a wreath out of cedar or pine. It turned out to be an easy project. If you’re pressed for time, you can create a wreath as you watch a Christmas movie or your favorite evening program on TV. It’s that easy.
Last Minute Wreath
evergreen branches like cedar and pine
wire coat hanger
gardening snips (optional)
- Bend coat hanger to form a circle.
- Use the branches of evergreen to cover the coat hanger. Continue in a circle as you tightly tie the branches to the coat hanger with fishing line. Hide end pieces by burying it into the greenery.
- Continue to add branches until the wreath is the desired width. Use gardening snips for minor pruning (optional).
- Add pine cones or other decorations by tying them to the wreath with fishing line.
- When wreath is completed, cut off any visible fishing line and discard.
- Hang wreath or use as a table centerpiece.
Clear glass ornaments have been available in craft stores for years.
Last Minute Ornaments
clear glass ornaments for decorating
any outdoor greenery
- Take the cap off the ornament.
- Stick greenery into ornament.
- Replace cap.
- Ornament is ready as a decoration or gift.